Wednesday, January 18, 2023

God Lives in Our Hearts, Not in Our Heads

 


 

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love," (Ephesians 3:17)

Jesus dwells, abides, makes Himself at home in our hearts.

Not in our heads.

Yet the whole thrust of the AA cult is to teach people "Choose your own conception of God!"

What does that mean? You choose God to live in your head.

He becomes a figment of our imagination, rather our depending on Him for our life, our breath, our very being.

It makes no sense to me, how anyone can look at the AA cult, and conclude that it is a mainstrream program, a basic plan of action to help people break free of alcoholism.

How can you break free of the debilitating affects of alcohol addicition if you give into the lie that you are defined by this perversion, and that you can run off to some made-up deity to help you find your way in life?

The issue of God living in my head, though, and the relentless challenges I faced trying to make sense of Him working in my life, these conflicts created an unprecedented burden for me.

Verses like this were really difficult for me to understand:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29)

I was constantly bombarded with this question: "What am I supposed to do? Am I doing enough? Is it wrong for me to rest? What is my part?"

I was plagued by these questions because I had learned nothing but mixture from my parents, my church, and other people on TV. People do not hear the fullness of the wonderful Gospel. Jesus is our life, and He is taking care of us.

He is not some figment of our imaginations, nor is He some conception that we think about, so that we can feel good about ourselves as we pray to Him.

The truth is that He is taking care of us, He is a GOD to us! (Hebrews 8:12)

He is not someone whom we have to figure out. He has us all figured out, and He has figured out the best way to guide us! Yet for so long, I was going along with a god that my mother had come up with, that my father went along with, a god based on human efforts and human works, Church-ianity at its finest, or rather at its worst.

No one had ever told me that He lives in me. No one had ever told me that He is taking care of me every step of the way, so therefore I do not have to constantly look over my own shoulder. He is taking care of you, and He is taking care of me.

If we would only let Him, and Let Him make Himself at home in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment