Saturday, October 22, 2022

Daddy God is Holding Onto Me

 


Lord Jesus!

My head is so at peace!

No longer do I judge whether Daddy God is on my side depending on how I feel or what I am thinking. I realize that You have been actively holding onto me this whole time!

"9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

"10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139:9-10)

He holds onto us! We don't hold onto Him.

Now this verse means so much more to me than ever before:

"29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29)

I had such a hard time with this simple exhortation. I did not realize how much Jesus is doing.

Lord Jesus, I did not realize how much YOU are doing for me.

For so long, someone else told me who You are. Today, because of the grace of God, because of the full revelation of the New Covenant, I allow the Holy Spirit to tell me who You are!

"I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee." (Job 42:5)

I finally see You, Lord Jesus, and I know that You are holding onto me!

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10:29)

What is so different now is that I see how alive You are. What is so different now is that I know You are holding onto me, even when bad things happen. Even when things are not going the way that they are supposed to:

"And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian." (Genesis 39:2)

This promise is fulfilled for all of us in Christ!

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1:29)

Daddy God is holding onto me. I am not trying to hold onto Him. And that means so much!

Why was this so hard for me? Because I kept thinking that I had to conjure Him up in my mind. But He is greater than our minds, greater than our awareness. He has been caring for us, and carrying us, from the moment we believed on Him! That is great revelation:

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Romans 11:33)

And all this time, when I would talk or think out loud, I was still under this false impression that God was far away, distant, that I had to search for Him.

But I was so wrong, Lord! You are right here, and You are always right here with me!

"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." (Psalm 139:8)

and

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16)

and

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1:27)

Daddy God, You are always with me, and You are always working and caring for me. Thank you, Daddy God, for Your patience and Your kindness towards me. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment