Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Christ and Him Crucified


 

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

This verse seemed so limited, and so limiting.

When I thought of Paul preaching "Jesus Christ," I just thought of Paul talking about a person.

How silly of me! But that was the result of so much wrong believing. I was convinced that this Christian life is all about my self-effort, my strain, my exertion to live godly in my own efforts.

Yet what does the Bible say?

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:4)

Christ is our life!

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

He is caring for you and me now! He is a living Savior, folks! He is not off somewhere not caring about us!

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25)

He is praying for us, petitioning on our behalf to Daddy God!

There's more, too!

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

He is working in us! He is working through us!

Jesus is not some static Hallmark card or faraway cartoon figure. He is our life, He is our Savior, and He is in us, and we are in Him!

So, as this revelation has grown for me (He has continued to enlighten the eyes of my heart! Ephesians 1:18), I realize that Jesus is doing so much, and there is so much I want to know.

I want to know Him, and I want to understand more and more about what He accomplished for me--for the whole world--when He died on the Cross! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment