Friday, December 31, 2021

Do Not Forget that You Are Alive in Him


"Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:11)

For a long time, I had been meditating, taking in this amazing revelation: "I am dead to sin."

Yet I would still struggle with unnatural affections, desires, etc. in my flesh.

Yes, I understood that I am dead to sin. Yet the feelings, the tendencies, the bad thoughts, the unpleasant feelings would still well up.

Even though I was learning that I am dead to sin in my flesh, I was still getting all caught up with it, i.e. I was not able to "let it die."

Why?

Because I was not focusing on the fact that I am alive in Christ Jesus!

He is our life (Colossians 3:4).

We live because of Him (Galatians 2:20-21)

His life in us does not come or go:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

He will never leave me nor forsake me! That's what we need to focus on! Not our bodies, not our flesh, but His life in us!

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1:27)

And

"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1:29)

Christ is not just in us, but He works in us!

Let us stop focusing on our flesh, which has already been crucified (Galatians 5:24), and let us recognize that the sin in our flesh is already condemned (Romans 8:3). We are freed from the bondage, the dominion, the condemnation of sin because of what Jesus did at the Cross (Romans 6:7)

So let's set our eyes and our hearts on Him!

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment