Thursday, August 8, 2019

Our Flesh Does Not Block Us From the Love of the Father

The matter of "sin in the flesh" is hard for people to accept, even Christians.

Whether we like it or not, sin still abides in everyone, even in those who are saved.

Now, Jesus has redeemed us in our spirit.

Our minds still need to be renewed to the truth of God's Word:

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12:2)

In our bodies, there still abides sin in the flesh.

Thankfully, Christ Jesus dealt with this problem within us handily at the Cross:

"1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:" (Romans 8:1-3)



Jesus came in the likeness of sin flesh. He had no sin in His flesh, no sin in Him at all:

"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." (1 John 3:5)

Let's never forget: Jesus, the Son of God, was--IS--sinless. He cannot sin, He could not sin while on earth during His earthly minister, and by His death He has put away sin forever!

Now, this same wonderful Jesus, He came in the likeness of sinful flesh. God the Father sent His Beloved Son to take on His full wrath against sin, and thus in Jesus' perfect, sinless body---condemned sin in the flesh!

So, let's get real, brothers and sisters in Christ.

Even when you have been saved, you will still sense these negative tendencies. You may find yourself next to a guard rail near a cliff, and something in you says "Jump off!"

You may find yourself feelings of lust around people. Like me, you may find yourself remembering bad things that bad people have done to you, and you get MAD!

Hey, it's part of the Christian walk--we are called to rest and recognize that those feelings, bare manifestations of "sin in the flesh" have all been condemned.

Now comes more that I can share with you.

I struggled with the negative feelings of past hurts. Those sentiments would well up inside of me. Just today, I was thinking about--all of a sudden, mind you--these painful sentiments.

Today, I recognize how much bondage I found myself in. I was convinced that the only way that God could work through me was that I had to be free, to be rid of these painful feelings, the rush of anger, the rush of lusts--I had to get rid of them.

THAT'S NOT TRUE!

Our flesh--my flesh--does not block me from my Father. NOT AT ALL!

YES! YES! YES!

I still remember Pastor Prince rejoicing when he shared this in his sermon:

Image result for "Joseph Prince" "God has condemned sin in the flesh"
"YES! I LOVE MY JOB!"

For the longest time, I feared bad sentiments suddenly rising up in my mind, in my body.

I would struggle so hard against them, whether to stop bad thoughts, or bad feelings.

When I would get really angry about someone or something, this feeling that I had to "do something" about it was just so strong, that it just overwhelmed me.

Whenever I felt bad, felt sad, felt guilty, felt anything, I felt that I had to get rid of that feeling.

It took me so long, and the revelations have gotten deeper, I realize now that all of that was merely "sin in the flesh", all of which has been condemned at the Cross!

Nothing can separate me from my Father. His love is real, robust, roundabout, and nothing can break it away from me. Nothing.

Paul the Apostle could not have made it clearer:



"38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

For the longest time, I was looking at myself, my skin, my sin, the struggles within.



All of that is gone, useless, unimportant today. I know that my Daddy loves me, and that He will never leave me nor forsake me! (Hebrews 13:5)

I do not have to worry about doing something about thoughts and feelings that bother me, because His love for me, His blessings in and around me have nothing to do with me.

THANK YOU, JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment