Sunday, May 26, 2019

Jesus is Savior Every Day, Not Just the Day You First Believed

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:20-21)



Jesus did not just save from death, hell, and the grave.

Jesus is in the saving business all the time!

He remains our Savior, every day!

This revelation is lost on so many people. They know that Jesus saved them from eternal damnation, but then they think that they are on their own in this life going forward.

It is all too common to hear Christians say "I know that I am going to heaven when I die. But it's getting through the day to day that terrifies me."

Huh? That makes absolutely no sense!

Paul the Apostle wrote very clearly: "I live because of Jesus!"

John the Beloved records Jesus' comforting words to His disciples before He died on the Cross:

"Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." (John 14:19)

Because He lives, we live!

How can we live if we think that this life is all on us, all dependent on us?

Did Jesus not promise us eternal life?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

It's everlasting life! It's a life that cannot be taken away!

Consider the powerful comfort which Paul the Apostle wrote to the Romans:

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

Nothing can separate us from our loving Father, because we have the spirit of adoption (Romans 8:15), the spirit of Sonship, as we have Christ in us (Colossians 1:27), and God now sees us oin His Son!

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8) is Savior. That's His Name!

Let Him be Your Savior today, not just on the first day that you first believed on Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment