Thursday, August 20, 2015

If You Don't Have the Son, You Don't Have Life

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." (1 John 5: 12) 

Our life is in Christ, and we do not strive for Him.

He works in us:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

and then

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

and also

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

and also

"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 29)" 

For many of us in the Body of Christ, we still think of Jesus as a mystical standard to follow or to give us courage.

The truth is that He is more than someone who is helping us along the way.

He is the way, as well as the truth and the life (John 14: 6)

Do we really believe that? Do we really believe Jesus when He declared to His disciples:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

John could not have made it clearer: He who does not have the Son does not have life. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment