Tuesday, June 16, 2015

His Word Guides and Protects Us

"And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him." (Matthew 2: 13)

In this passage, Joseph receives word from God through His angel to flee Bethlehem and stay in Egypt until Herod passed away.

The Word of God guides us and protects us:

"NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119: 105)

and then

"Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word." (Psalm 119: 154)

Today, the Word is made flesh:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1: 14)

Jesus, the Word made alive and living in us, guides us today through His Holy Spirit:

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14: 18)

Paul wrote:

"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

We have the promise of his guidance and protection, because of all that Jesus did at the Cross:

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28: 20)

We also can expect nothing but good from Him:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29: 11)

and

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
Joseph was both guided and protected by God's Word. Today, because of the Word made flesh, we have the full assurance of both guidance and protection, in which He is our God, guiding us from within and protecting us from without!

No comments:

Post a Comment