Saturday, May 2, 2015

One Truth: Who Sets Us Free!

There is no capitulation I hate more than this adverse advice:

"Everyone has their own truth."

Tell that to the  man who submits himself under the knife of a professional in a hospital.

The truth that that individual is a surgical practitioner is a matter of life and death for all of us.

I do not want anyone cutting my body if he has no skills in medical arts.

No one wants to submit to such a danger.

Truth matters!

Now, throughout the Bible, we read that grace and truth are united as one, in One Person!

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1: 17)

Jesus would say to the Jews of His day:

"31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8: 31-32)

"Continue (rest) in my word". . .very important.

Jesus did not mince words about the importance of the truth, because the truth sets us free!

No wonder many pagan leaders, dictators, and tyrants have the truth! They do not want anyone to be free!

"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all." (John 18: 38)

The irony of this statement, however, and for us the greater benefit, is revealed in this snide, even mocking retort of the Roman Governor. "What is truth?" is followed by "I find no fault in Him at all."

Jesus, "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." (John 14: 6), has no fault in Him, full of grace and truth.

This grace by the way, blesses!

"2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 2-4)

Prosperity is all based on our walking in the Truth of God's grace!


"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:" (Galatians 1: 6)

followed by

"But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" (Galatians 2: 14)

Paul further connects the Gospel of grace with the truth:

"Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:" (Colossians 1: 6)

and

"Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace." (Philippians 1: 7)

Let us also not forget that the grace of God is our teacher today:

"11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2: 11-14)

No wonder Satan makes war on the truth, as do all men who seek to make themselves preeminent. The truth is our blessed hope, in which the grace of God appears and teaching us to reject ungodliness and worldly lusts, we live balanced, righteous, godly lives -- Here and Now!

Satan does not want us to prosper and be in health. Yet that is God's heart's desire for us.

We have this blessed prosperity granted to us in the grace of God, which we receive through His Son, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment