Saturday, May 9, 2015

He is the Way, and the Rest - Rest the Way

Letting go really is the hardest thing to do.

There are so many things which we want to hold onto to force to make work out the way that we want them to.

I was obsessed with knowing what would be around the next corner. I had to have the whole road mapped out for me.

Now I understand more than ever what Jesus meant when He said:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

There is no other way, because He is greater than any pathway which can be taken.

He has carved out the road which He wants us to take:

"3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." (Psalm 23: 3)

First, He restores our soul, then He leads us in the paths of righteousness:

"But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." (Proverbs 4: 18)

Everything indeed is a gift from God:

"31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?  (Romans 8: 31-32)

The only problem was that I did not see Him large enough, as though He could hold onto, let alone take care of, tomorrow.

Today, I understand what Pastor Joseph Prince talks about when he preaches about the rest of God.

The writer of Hebrews makes perfect sense, too, when he writes about entering the rest:

"1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it." (Hebrews 4: 1)

and also

"11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4: 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment