Wednesday, October 1, 2014

His Love Means Everything

Yes, Jesus loves me.

How cool is that?

But if you think that He is nothing bigger than your imagination, that love means nothing in the face of challenges insurmountable or indescribable.

What about tomorrow?

If you think that He is not able to handle your tomorrows, or if you think that you are on your own for those tomorrows, what good is the love of God?

This love is not some warm feeling, but a deep, abiding sense of caring which He has for us:

"6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

and

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
"11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
"12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrew 8: 10-12)
 
He is a God to all of us who believe on Him.
 
This love has taken us from dead in ourselves to alive in Him and so God sees us as His own Son:
 
"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)
 
As much as it frustrates me, we need to know more about the love of God for us.
 
This truth, this revelation has been a big problem for me, as I have been so attached to fixing all the problems in my life, as though those solutions would fix all the problems.
 
What does the Bible say about removing fear from our lives, though?
 
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4: 18)
 
Looking back over periods of time where there was great fear, I recognize today that I never realized the new identity I had received in Christ.
 
I never knew that God the Father sees me in His Son, and thus as His own Son.
 
I never understood the fullness of this perfect love, this perfect grace that He has for us, for me.
 
When we settle on how great He is, when we understand the fullness of God's love for us, we receive His power in all things, and discover that He gives us beyond what we can ask or think (Ephesians 3: 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment