Monday, June 16, 2014

We Need Life -- Himself

Jesus is not a figment of our imagination.

Rather, He wants us to invite Him to live within ourselves:

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3: 20)

Jesus did not come to give us more rules so that we could be like, but He offered Himself that we may be one with Him:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3: 16)

We need life, people, not a set of rules to be better, but rather we need the Best -- Jesus -- and we need Himself living in us:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

He lives after the power of an endless life:

"Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life." (Hebrews 7: 16)

This endless life He has given to us:

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

Most people have a hard time with this truth because they still see some life in themselves.

We must rest in the truth that apart from Christ Jesus, we can do nothing:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

There is nothing good, nothing at all in our flesh:

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not." (Romans 7: 18)

We are dead in our trespasses (Ephesians 2: 1), and we need more than a set of steps to live a better life.

We need life --- Himself:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment