Thursday, June 26, 2014

More Than Conquerors Through Him Who Loved Us

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Romans 8: 37)

We are more than conquerors in Christ, not will be, not were.

Right now, you are more than a conqueror.

Then the question arises: how come I don't see the victory in my life?

The answer depends on our understanding of the latter part of the verse: "through Him that loved us."

How did God our Father love us?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3: 16)

He did not just die for our sins, but granted us His life, Himself:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

Paul shared what Jesus' love did for us:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

For this reason, Paul prayed that we would understand His love for us:

"16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." (Ephesians 3: 16-19)

So, if you do not see the "more than victory" in your life, ask for a fresh revelation of God's unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment