Friday, May 16, 2014

Jesus Already is Your Life!

"I want my life to be centered on Jesus!"

"I want Christ to be the center of my life!"

All of this talk, however impassioned, serious, and respectable, still misses the point.

If you are a Christian, our life is no longer about making Jesus the Center of our lives.

He is our Life -- already!

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1: 1-2)

Jesus has been in place since the beginning, before anyone of us were thinking about Him!

He is our life:

"6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

and then

"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

and

"3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

To the extent that we try to make Jesus the Center of our Life, which He already is, to that extent we fall back under law:

"4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." (Galatians 5: 4-6)

Jesus is your life. You cannot "make him the center of your life", because He is already there, and you are in Him:

"And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's." (1 Corinthians 3: 23)

Jesus already is your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment