Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Persecuted Because Blessed in Christ

"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now." (Galatians 4: 29)

Now that you know who you are in Christ, that as He is, so are you in this world (1 John 4: 17), do you find that you are facing greater persecution in this world?

Rejoice!

Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Yet Jesus counseled His disciples with the very statement:

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:10)

More importantly, though, you and I are not disciples. . .through Christ, we are sons of the living God!

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" (John 1: 12)

and then

"17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (JOhjn 20: 17)

and then

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." (Romans 8: 15)

and finally:

"1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. (1 John 3: 1)

This sonship will set us up for persecution:

"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." (1 John 3: 13)

We are kings and priests in Christ (1 Peter 2: 9), blessed with all spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1: 3) more than conquerors (Romans 8: 37)

So, what happens if you are attacked? The Lord Jesus counseled Paul and all of us:

"9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

The reason why people of the flesh, who are under law persecute you -- because you  are a  child of the King, and your mother is above, in Jerusalem.

You are a child of grace, receiving all things because you rest in the grace of God and keep receiving the gift of righteousness:

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment