Saturday, January 5, 2013

As He Is In Me, So It Is to Be!

Maine Governor Paul LePage coined a simple yet profound motto for his philosophy of life:

"If it is to be, it is up to me."

A telling phrase in its simplicity, LePage makes a strong case for the rugged, unfettered individualism championed by this phrase.

Yet for believers who live in the Kingdom of Heaven, baptized in the Holy Spirit, there is an even simpler calling:

"As He is in me, so it is to be."

By His grace, by His power, by His working in us, we receive, not achieve everlasting life, and all other things freely given through Him.

As we are led by the Spirit, He works in and through us.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14)

And what joys do we await as sons of God?

"And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." (Romans 8:17)

And of course:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:31-32)

As He is in us, so it is to be -- all things!:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

"Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

"Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." (John 15:1-7)

As He is in me, so it is to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment