Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Patience through Trials Makes His Faith Manifest in Us!

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. " (James 1:2-4)

The faith that we are called to live by, however, is not even our faith, but Jesus' faith in us!:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

The real challenge for us, Beloved, is that we still attempt in our own efforts to achieve when God wants us to rely on Him for, that through His Son we may believe and receive:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

Jesus faced a direct plea from one who wanted to believe:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." (Mark 9: 23-24)

Literally, Jesus was asking the distraught father to believe that all things are possible to him who is believing, which is Jesus! The Father literallly responded be helping my unbelief.

To the extent that we struggle to believe, God asks for us to be patient, to wait upon Him, and the faith of His Son will enter in and manifest power and provision wherever you may be lacking!

When you face a trial, do not despair if your faith is weak, or feels feeble. Have faith in God (John 14: 1), and believe that His belief will make up for any lack in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment