Saturday, April 20, 2019

Take No Thought for the Morrow -- He Has Already Taken Care of It

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:33-34)



God's righteousness is not about doing things God's way.

His righteousness is not something that is done. He is righteous, and our Loving Father is righteousness. It's part of His identity.

Consider what Christ Jesus is to us:

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:" (1 Corinthians 1:30)

Christ is our righteousness.

And because of Jesus, we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ"

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5:21). 

Notice that Paul does not say that Jesus made us righteous (adjective). We have been made the rightoeusness--definite article--of God in Christ Jeasus.

Not only that, but a grand exchange took place. Jesus did not just take our sin, but He became sin. He took it away, and there is no way that it can be taken back! It's a done deal.

Now, back to the Sermon on the Mount:

"Seek you First the Kingdon of God and His righteousness".

Jesus did not impose on His disciples to "be righteous." He told them to "seek His righteousness."

We have that today of Jesus.

Before that, let's consider what Jesus shared with His audience:

"31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." (Matthew 6:31-32)

and then

"34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:34)

What makes these verses sing for my heart today? What makes these wonderful promises stand out for me today?

I know how much my Daddy God loves me. I realize now, much more than ever, that He was always loving me. There is no longer any question about how big, how grand He is NOW!

Why was this a problem in the past? Because of the stupid AA cult, which teaches people to turn one's will and life over to a power greater than oneself as we understand Him.

That is so patently offensive now that I look at the verse in italics. How can anyone even dream to understand God? How can we take into account His grace, His power, His goodness? Such grace, such grandeur, such glory is too great for us!

"Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?" (Psalm 139 5-7)



He is taking care of everything. He is before us, and after us! Such love is too great for me to understand. I just have to keep growing in grace and take in more of His love for me!

He was always there for me, and He was actively caring for me. The righteousness issue has to be resolved, however, or we will be too busy trying to fix ourselves rather than trusting that He is taking care of us.

He cares for the birds, He cares for the flowers, so what would possibly make us think that He does not care for us? Only if we see our sins and ourselves, just as Adam and Eve fled from their Creator in the garden.

Today, all of these revelations make so much sense, these revealing loves of Daddy God are so clear. But ten years ago, I was constantly struggling with fear, constantly wondering if Daddy God had my back. I could not see into tomorrow. I feared so much for tomorrow. I actually believed that tomorrow was out of God's control!

Now that I have such a deeper knowledge of God's love for me, it's so much fun to cast my cares onto Him (1 Peter 5:6-7).



There is no need for me to take thought, to worry about tomorrow. He is taking thought for everything before me and after me! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment