Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Grace of God in Christ -- What it's All About

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20: 24)

Life is all about the grace of God, which we receive in Christ Jesus, and the same Son of God lives and dwells in every believer:

God's grace defines us:

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (Ephesians 2: 4-6)

God's grace disciples us:

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2: 11-14)

God's grace drives us:

"10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

Grace is a person: Jesus Christ:

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1: 17)

When we speak of Jesus, we speak of His grace and righteousness, the two gifts which engage us to reign in life:

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)

The grace of God in Christ: that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment