Friday, December 6, 2013

He Avenges, Take Peace

"15O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke.
 
16Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts." (Jeremiah 15: 15-16)
 
Too many of us see our circumstances, and we see men and women, whether in our communities or in our congregations, who seem to get away with wrongdoing.
 
Like Jeremiah, whose name means "God is high", we must recognize that God is high above all of these matters, and He sees all things.
 
In fact, because we are in Christ, seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2: 4-8), we are also high above all of the problems and setbacks which we face.
 
We can trust that because God the Father has invited His Son to rest and receive His grace, so too God the Father is making all our enemies His footstool (Psalm 110: 1)
 
When we know and believe that He knows us (Galatians 4: 9), when we know that we are sons of God in Christ (1 John 3: 1-3), that He calls us by name, we rest and trust that the Lord of Hosts is leading the fight for us in all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment