Tuesday, December 24, 2013

God the Father Loves You as Much as God the Son

Yet the greatest reason that God loves us, because we are in Christ, is that He loves as much as He loves His Son:

"23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17: 23)

And how long has God the Father loves His Son?:

"24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world" (John 17: 24)

It's important that we know our Father.

Yet how best to know the Father? By knowing the Son:

"8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." (John 14: 8-10)

and

"Who [God the Father] hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:" (Colossians 1: 13-15)

and

"2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord," (2 Peter 1: 2)

Know who you Father is, and you know how much He loves you when you know Jesus: who He is, what He has done, and how much He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment