Wednesday, September 18, 2013

You Have God's Kind of Faith: Christ in You

"And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God." (Mark 11: 22)

The original Greek in this verse literally reads "Have the faith of God."

Indeed, because of Jesus, we have God's faith in us:

"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

and

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" (Ephesians 2: 8)

We live by Christ's faith, and this faith is a gift from God.

When we are established in His righteousness (Isaiah 54: 14, 2 Corinthians 5: 21), we are quickened from within to will and to do for His good pleasure (Philippians 2: 12-13)

When we grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3: 18), who is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13: 9), we trust that we can ask:

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14: 4)

To ask "in His Name" implies a complete understanding of our identity in Christ:

"17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

When we know and believe in His love (1 John 4: 16), the  New Covenant is enforced in our lives, in which we can rest assured that He is our God, that He has written His laws in our hearts and minds, and that we will have the most intimate relationship with Him.

You have God's kind of faith: Christ in you. Ask in His Name, because You are in Christ, and you shall receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment