Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jesus Causes Our Cup to Run Over

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." (Psalm 25: 5)

Jesus did not come for us to serve Him, but rather He came to serve us:

"45For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." (Mark 10: 45)

and

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16: 24)

and

"28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

He does not just take our burdens, but he gives us "blessings", since his "burden" is "blessed" as well as "easy".

Jesus causes our cup to run over, no doubt about it:

"12What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

13I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD." (Psalm 116: 12-13)

Jesus causes our cup to overflow, and the He wants to pour on us all the more!

No comments:

Post a Comment