Saturday, September 21, 2013

Outside of Time, God Takes Our Bad, Makes Us Good

"14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

"15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. "16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." (Psalm 91: 14-16)

To the extent that we begin thinking "I have got to use my time properly," to that extent we are looking at ourselves, and not growing in grace.

God is outside of time:

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." (Psalm 90: 4)

He sees the beginning from the end:

"25I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.

"26Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words." (Isaiah 41: 25-26)
He takes our bad, and makes it work for our good:
"28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8: 28-29)
It's all about Jesus, and we are going to be like Him.
Do not worry about what  you are supposed to be doing, or worry about missing out on what  you need to be doing. Keep looking to Jesus, Author and Finisher of faith (Hebrews 12: 2), and His grace and knowledge will take care of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment