Friday, September 13, 2013

God Knows Everything -- Because of Jesus, He Remembers Nothing

"O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me." (Psalm139: 1)

"Known" is not qualified with "me" in the original Hebrew, not just because "me" is implied in "searched", but because the knowledge of God is not limited just to ourselves.

True, He knows everything about us:

"Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God." (John 16: 30)

Yet Jesus Christ has given us His Spirit, that we may know all things, too (1 John 2: 20, 27)

Because of the Holy Spirit, the whole world is filled with the knowledge of the Lord (Isaiah 11: 9)

Not one detail escapes God's notice, either:

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." (Matthew 10: 30)

Even though God knows everything about us, we have nothing to fear:

"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things." (1 John 3: 20)

Why do we have nothing to worry about? Because Jesus Christ has paid for all our sins:

"you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;" (Colossians 2: 13)

Jesus' death on the Cross enforces the New Covenant in our lives:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

The specific details of this "enforcement" center on "I will remember their sins and iniquities no more."

He knows everything, yet because of Jesus' death on the Cross, He will never remember our sins and iniquities, all that we have done or will do, nor does he see us as dead descendants of disobedient Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment