Saturday, September 14, 2013

God Thinks About You -- and It's Nothing But Good

"17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

"18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." (Psalm 139: 17-18)

Are you aware that God thinks about you?

He is thinking about you right now. He is ahead of you, behind you, and all around and all about providing for you:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

and

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4: 19)

In His last prayer before His death on the Cross, Jesus prayed the following:

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17: 22-23)

The good will that God the Father has toward us is due to all that Jesus has done for us:

"21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

and

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4: 10)

The blood that Jesus shed on the Cross for us cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1: 7), and we have a new name and identity in Christ, which will never be cut off (Isaiah 55: 13).

He thinks of us as Jesus, in fact:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:17-18)

God thinks about you, and it's nothing but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment