Saturday, September 3, 2022

No Need to Think So Hard

                                      


"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people," (Ephesians 1:18, NIV)

This journey of the being enlightened has been a real blast. It's just amazing!

I really see Jesus, far more than I could have ever imagined. This is a new life, a new opportunity.

When I walk out and about, it really does seem that everything is lighting up! I can see everything so much better! It's really amazing.

Pastor Prince preached about the Year of Hazon Vision in 2021. When Year 2022 rolled around, however, I was not finished with the eyes of my heart being enlighted. I wanted to see more, and I want to see more of Him. Yes!

I am a Revelation Addict now, and I am not ashamed to admit it. I don't need no Twelve Step program to break free of this "addiction," either.

For the longest time, I lived my life by thinking through everything. I really believed that life would not go on in my life if I was not thinking through everything. This may sound crazy, but remember that I grew up in a hard-core, Twelve-Step household, in which everything was based on the cult of Alcoholics Anonymous.

God is real. God is good. He is working in us and around us. We do not have to force the issue. We do not have to strive or cogitate on our own to make God real in our lives.

We only need to ask God to enlighten the eyes of our hearts, so that we see more of Him!

God is thinking about us. We don't have to strive in our own minds to think about Him, to keep Him active and alive in our lives. This is a simple revelation, perhaps so simple that it would insult most people's intelligence, but for the longest time I lived as though His live, His presence, His love for me was all conditioned on what I was thinking, feeling, or even doing. It has taken me a long time to realize how alive, how powerful, how independent Daddy God is in my life, and that Christ Jesus lives in me by the power of the Holy Spirit.

It's one thing to know about it, to hear about it. It's quite another when you start to realize how alive He is in our daily lives, caring for us every day, in every way. I really do see Him at work in my life. I understand what it means to walk by faith, not by sight. I understand also that God is not trying to play hard-to-get or hide-and-seek with us. Because of our limited sight and ability, because we are creation and not creator, it takes time for us to understand and receive revelation based on spiritual revelation, not through mental cogitation or physical discernment.

No comments:

Post a Comment