Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Yes, I Am a Mighty Man of God ... in Christ!

Ten years ago, I faced unparalleled challenges in my life.

Every day, I woke up as though everything in this world was on my shoulders.

Yes, I was saved, but from that point on everything depended on my. My life depended on my efforts, and I had to figure out everything that needed to be done and that was going to take place in my life.

For a year, I was attending one church, and I found that many of the people in the church were fractious gossips. It was very difficult to enjoy any kind of peace or prosperity.

But there was one woman, she was very encouraging to me, but at times I thought that she was just being nice for no good reason.

"Hey Arthur, you mighty man of God!" she would say to me.


I sure didn't feel mighty at that stage of my life. I felt loss, uncared for, useless.

I was so lost, not sure what to trust, what to believe, where to go in my life.

But she keep saying to me every time that I met her: "Hey Arthur, you mighty man of God."

This statement comes from Judges chapter 6, when the Angel of the Lord, a pre-incarnate appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ, finds Gideon, the judge whom He would call to free Israel from the oppressive Midianites:

"And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour." (Judges 6:12)

God calls those things that are, even if they do not appear to us (Romans 4:17).

I heard this message today. Then I thought of that lady from the local church, and then I started criticizing her when she had been telling me that I was a mighty man of God, a mighty man of valor.

Then I started looking over everything that has been happening in my life since then.

Indeed, I have confronted bad politicians, corrupt elected officials on city councils, rogue police officers, Antifa. There have been bad press agents, large crowds of angry mobs, and in the past month alone I have spoke to different groups in different parts of the state of California.

Indeed, I have done mighty things, but it's all because of Jesus!

"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:20-21)

The more that I see Jesus, the less that I see myself, and thus the more mighty I have become. Indeed, when people speak out by faith, when they claim the promises which God has given us through His Son Jesus, they do come to pass.

We just need to spend more time looking at all the great things that Jesus has done. We need to not look only at our present trials and immediate needs. We need to see that Jesus, Him who has been from the beginning (1 John 2:12-14) is taking care of us in every way.

And indeed, He makes us mighty:

"Let the weak say, I am strong." (Joel 3:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment