Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Enemies Will Gather, But By God's Grace They Will Fall--For Your Sake

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." (Isaiah 54:15)

The last verse of Isaiah 54 speaks of "No weapon formed against you shall prosper."

But we also have to recognize that our enemies, our opponents will gather together on their own. They will "surely gather".

That is a double intensive statement, literally "gather gather" in Hebrew.

Expect it, folks--there will be bad people who join together to oppose you.

But ...

"Not by me".

Never, ever think that when there are many voices, forces, opponents to you--that they have come from God.

That is why we must be established in righteousness--not just believe in it, not just think about it, but know and believe without a doubt that we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

There's greater victory which comes to those who are attacked, who find evil forces gathered together against them:

"Whoever gathers against you shall fall"

They will not win, beloved. They cannot win--and we cannot lose:

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Romans 8:37)

and

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

Why will they fail?

"For your sake."



Because Our loving Father, our Daddy God, cares for us!

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name." (Psalm 91:4)

and

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment