Tuesday, December 1, 2015

His Caring Does not Depend on Me

God cares about me, not because of me, but because of His Son Jesus:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

With righteousness, comes all other blessings in our walk with God, in Christ.

For the longest time, though, I had believed that my standing before God was still dependent on me.

Whatever I was thinking or feeling, that would affect whether He was for me or against me.

One book I had read gave the impression that God was for me . . .just because.

The Bible is very clear why God is for us:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

God provided a full and final payment for all things through His Son!

"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." (Colossians 2: 13-15)

Today, we can rest assured that He is our God not because of anything that we have done mbut because of everything which He has done for us:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. (Hebrews 8: 10-13)

Today, let us read and meditate on the truth of First Peter:

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

His caring for me does not depend on me. It depends on Jesus, my High Priest forever, and He is not going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment