Wednesday, April 15, 2015

He Conceived Us

Whatever  man may think of his capacities to speak his mind, to come up with great ideas, we need to understand that God our Daddy conceived us first, and had great plans in place before we could even plan anything.

As a preliminary point,

 The truth is, there is no reason for any of us to utter all our minds, as if everything on our minds must be spoken.

"A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness." (Proverbs 12: 23)

and

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." (Proverbs 17: 28)

and also

"A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards." (Proverbs 29: 11)

 Some of us believe that everything we have to say is necessary in order to grant ourselves greater peace. Some therapies are based on the notion that we must speak everything that we are thinking or feeling in order to have peace.

Such is the fallout of believing in your own conception of God.

God conceived of us, by the way:

"5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jeremiah 1: 5)
 
and then
 
"15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus." (Galatians 1: 15-17)
 
So, for the longest time, I was convinced that I had to do something about this fire inside of my head, that I had to drive away the upset in my mind.
 
I have since realized that my Jesus, My Daddy God, is taking care of all things, and none of it has to do with whatever I am or am not thinking.
 
For too long, I was so focused on dealing with what I was feeling and thinking. I needed to have answers which would appease a "fiery mind".
 
Today, I know that is not the case. Our minds rest in Him, not the other way around. He conceived of us, and we can rest that He is taking care of all things for us, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment