Wednesday, December 24, 2014

We Have Come to Mount Zion

"22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel." (Hebrews 12: 22-24)

We are not at Mount Sinai, which speaks of the Old Covenant.

We are now at Mount Zion, which testifies of the New Covenant, the Covenant of the grace of God, in which Jesus has paid for all our sins for all time, and brought us to Himself:

Mount Zion features as the locale of God's grace in our lives:

"Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion." (Psalm 2: 6)

Jesus is our King, and in Him we reign in life (Romans 5: 17; Ephesians 2: 4-6)

"Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come." (Psalm 102: 13)

Mercy and favor are found on Zion, not Sinai.

"For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee." (Jeremiah 30: 19)

Notice that in the above prophesy, the LORD is directly gracious to you and me!

Why can we rest assured of God's grace and favor in our lives? The New Covenant which God our Father cut for us at the Cross through His Son Jesus:

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest
.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
and then
 
"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26: 28)
 
We have to come to Mount Zion, and we are  joined in Christ by the New Covenant. Amen!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment