Saturday, February 22, 2014

Then there's No one Else to Run To

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4: 8)

God has also revealed to me that there are many people who have done terrible things, yet they do not fall into the false bondage that some day, someone is going to get them.

Yet for so long, when I felt afraid, I was convinced that I had to do something about that fear, that I had to psych myself out of the fear.

Perfect love casts out fear, and this perfect love is found in God, who is love (1 John 4: 16-19)

Besides, the blood speaks better things than the blood of Abel, everyone, and it keeps speaking on our behalf!

But why did I have a hard time accepting this wonderful truth?

One person had thrust the AA cult onto me for so long, that I was convinced that I had to keep working steps to be A-OK with God.

The other person had a perception of God which was too small. Too small, as though God the Father has indeed died for our sins, but that we are on our own for everything else.

That is just not true. Both ideas about God are not true.

We do not need to do more, but rather we need to see more of Him, and how great He is!

And there is no one else to run to, because we cannot run from Him (Psalm 139) and He lives in us (Colossians 1: 27; Galatians 2: 20-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment