Tuesday, December 17, 2013

We Serve Him When We See Him Doing All Things

"And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath." (Job 42: 7)

When I had read this passage, I assumed that all of Job's statements, ramblings, and outright complaints had presented Job as right-standing spokesman for God.

Not at all.

What did Job say that was right concerning God?

"I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
3Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
4Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
5I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." (Job 42: 2-6)

Job acknolwedged that God can do everything, and that there is no thought hidden from Him

He knows us, and He knows us fully, yet like Job, everyone of us can speak to God and know that He knows and hears us.

We have this beautiful standing before God because we are in Christ:

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8: 34)

Job understood that God is not only all-knowing, but that no man can understand all that He is doing, and that we have no business, no right to judge Him.

"33O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller? 35Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." (Romans 11: 33-36)

Because we are in Christ, we can have the mind of Christ, and He can speak to us through His Spirit:

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2: 16)

Now, God called Job "his servant", even though he had done nothing for nine months besides bemoan his circumstances and maintain his own righteousness, until the very end.

When Job saw that God is the all-powerful Lord, He who does all things and knows all things, when he reckoned himself as nothing and God as everything, He was serving God.

In the greater way, when we see Jesus as He who ministers to us, we serve Him best:

"For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." (Mark 10: 45)

We serve Him when we see Him and Let Him do all things:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

No comments:

Post a Comment