Wednesday, June 13, 2012

He is Leading You -- Even When you Stray

In my walk with Christ, I trusted that I was saved, that I would go to heaven.

Still, I always assumed that I had to keep at least one eye open over myself, to catch myself in case I ever sinned.

I did not understand the full import of Romans 8:1:

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus." (New American Standard Version)

It has nothing, nothing at all to do with us! Our right, nay our righteous standing Christ has nothing to do with us at all - not our right thinking, speaking, or doing!

What role do we play, then, in our salvation?

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

"Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

We believe, and from God the Father, by the death of His Son, through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, we receive all things (cf Romans 8:32)

So, it is not our doing, but our believing, which is the only way we can get anything, that He accomplishes all things through us!

Yet even if that were not enough for us, David in the Psalms speaks of the Lord's forever faithfulness:

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." (Psalm 23:3)

God restores our soul -- our mind, will, and emotions, a perfect example of Biblical "metanoia" mind-altering repentance. We then are led by His Spirit in the paths of righteousness.

In fact, the certainty of His leading is made all the more unshakable for us in Christ:

"For he [God the Father] hath made him [Christ Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him [Christ!]." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

As the Spirit leads us, we have no desire to practice licentiousness, for we are under God's grace, and sin therefore has no dominion over us!

No comments:

Post a Comment