Thursday, May 17, 2012

By His Word, He Lives Out His Life in Us

I have learned that I do not have to do anything, necessarily, but instead I meditate on God's Word:
"But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." (Psalm 1:2 )
By meditating on His Word, I remember who I am in Christ, that He lives and thrives in me, no matter how I feel, or what I may be thinking. I am not trying to live this life, although for every believer that becomes the great temptation, to believe -- falsely -- that we are all alone in the world, and that I must move on my own.
The life I live, this life is Christ in me, the hope of glory (Colossians 1: 27).
He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14: 6). He knows the Way, He quickens me on the Way to Go, and He ascertains my Way in peace -- in Himself. 
I cannot be separated from Him, and I cannot lose my place in Him. I do not worry about sinning, for I have been made the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5: 21), and by walking in His Spirit, I do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5: 16).

The real challenge for me, and fore every believer is to renew the mind to the truth of who I am in Christ, or otherwise I may fall into the temptation that I must do something in my own effort, as opposed to letting His life live out through me.
Yet even if I attempt in my own efforts to be obedient instead of believing on Him, which is the only work that I must do (John 6: 28-29), I rest in this promise:
"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8: 1 NASB)
If I try, it means that I am under condemnation, that I must do something. Since I am now in this world as He is, there is no condemnation, even if in my mind I yield at any time to the spirit of error which deceives me into believing that which is not true. He is always there, always within me, always working within me, and my feelings or thoughts cannot war against the truth of who I am in Christ.
His Word takes up residence in every believer:
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3: 16)
His laws, the laws of life and liberty, are written on our hearts and minds:
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people." (Hebrews 8: 10)
If we need a Word, the Holy Spirit within us will supply us what we need to know:
"For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say." (Luke 12: 12)
and
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." (John 16: 13)
and
"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2: 27)

By His Word, The Word made flesh lives out His life in every believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment