Monday, April 30, 2012

Christ is Your Peace, He Lives This Peace in You

The more that I tried, the worse things seem to get in my life. I was trying too hard! I was trying, instead of abiding in Him, as He abides in me (John 15: 1-5)

I am a good teacher. I am a good writer. I am able and skilled to do all things. I have the peace and good will within me to do all things.

How do I know that I have peace?

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" (Romans 5: 1)

I have peace with God. Christ dies on the Cross for me, that I may receive peace. In fact, Christ Himself is my peace:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" (Ephesians 2: 14)

Of course, peace is also a fruit of the Holy Spirit, through whom Christ comes to live in us:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

"Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Galatians 5: 22-23)

How do I know that I have the good will to do all things?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4: 13)

To every believer, this is truth. He lives in everyone of us, and it is He who works in us both to will and to do for His good pleasure (Philippians 2: 13)

Then why did I struggle with uncomfortable emotions, doubts, and fears? Because I did not know who I was:

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4: 4)

Christ is within me! But there's more:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." (1 John 5: 4)

So my faith overcomes the world, and all of its troubles and hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment