Saturday, May 16, 2015

His Love Is Big Enough

I knew that God loved me.

I just never believed that He was big enough.

Love means nothing without acceptance, no question about it.

Love also means nothing with preeminence, or power.

That was the part that I was missing.

I did not Jesus big enough. Yet we need to see more of Him!

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." (2 Peter 3: 18)

Peter made a point of ending that verse with "Amen!". This exhortation is a emphatic entreaty. "So be it!" "I believe it!"

John writes in his first epistle:

"I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning." (1 John 2: 14)

Do you see Jesus as Him who has been from the beginning? Do you see Him as "The same yesterday, today, and forever"? (Hebrews 13: 8)

 I did not understand that He has taken up every element of the universe, all of time and space, and that He cares intimately about me, too!

My understanding of Jesus was too small.

Love means nothing if the Lord who loves you is too little to fight for you.

Today, I know differently. I believe differently, and I understand fully why Paul stressed the intense necessity of knowing how big is God's love:

"14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." (Ephesians 3: 14-19)

Notice that Paul went out of his way to "bow my knees."

He was begging very strongly for everyone of us to have an expansive revelation of how much God our Father loves  us. The physical dimensions of this love far surpass anything that our minds can take in in one take, either.

God's love is big enough, and it is personal enough.

 Do not worry about whether He will love you tomorrow. His love is big enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment