Wednesday, May 13, 2015

He Seeks You, not the Other Way Around

"I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name." (Isaiah 65: 1)

Throughout the ages, men have sought God.

To this day, people will say: "I am seeking God." or "People are looking for God, and at least they are trying."

What does the Bible reveal about the true nature of God?

First of all, even when the first man and woman hid from God, He sought them out:

"And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?" (Genesis 3: 8-9)

Not only that, but God also sought out Cain, even after he sinned:

"9And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?" (Genesis 4: 9)

Throughout the Old Testament, we find that God our Creator was seeking out for man, and particularly His chosen Israelites:

"24And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. 25And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them." (Exodus 2: 24-25)

Notice that the Israelites did not mention God or call out for Him, yet He heard them and responded to their cry.

Of course, God visited Moses through the burning bush. Moses was not looking for God. God sought Him:

"3And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. 4And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I." (Exodus 3: 3-4)

From Samuel as a young boy to the final prophet Malachi, God has sought us, to speak to us, to be with us, for us, and in us.

The greatest proof of this, of course, is Christ Jesus!

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1: 17)

Now, God sent His Son to die for us, to live for us, to live in us and serve through us, even when we were not paying attention!

"8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him." (Romans 5: 8-9)

Paul would later quote Isaiah 65: 1 in his Epistle to the Romans:

"
19But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
 
20But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me." (Romans 10: 19-20)
 
Today, let us not busy ourselves with struggling to seek God. Rather, let us open our eyes to see how much our Heavenly Father, our Daddy God loves us, has sought us out, and seeks evermore to bring us to Himself.
 
Consider the Parable of the Loving Father (traditionally known as the Parable of the Prodigal Son):
 
"20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him." (Luke 15: 20)
 
The Father was always looking and waiting for his son to return, and the moment he made up his mind to return to his father, the father ran to him!
 
Don't strive to come to Daddy God. Because of Jesus, you are seated at His right hand (Ephesians 2: 4-6), and He wants you to see more of His love for you! (Ephesians 3: 16-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment