Friday, November 29, 2013

Speak Grace to Every Mountain

“Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.” (Zechariah 4: 7)

We find grace in Jesus Christ, who became a plain, in that He became nothing, that in Him we can become the righteousness of God in Christ and receive all things in Him.

Paul describes the depths to which Jesus descended for us:

"But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2: 7-8)

Jesus is our Mountain, or Rock in times of storm:

" A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit." (Psalm 28: 1)

and
"Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress." (Psalm 71: 3)

Whatever mountains are in your life, just speak God's grace to it, seeing Jesus as greater than any mountain, any obstacle in your life:

In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus says:

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." (Mark 11: 23)

In Luke, Jesus mentions the mountain:

"And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you." (Luke 17: 6)

Them more that you grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus (2 Peter 3: 18), in whom we find grace and truth, the more that our mountains become plains, because Jesus has overcome the world (John 16: 33), and our faith in Him overcomes all things (1 John 5: 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment