Monday, November 11, 2013

Meditate on the Law of the Lord -- Jesus!

1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." (Psalm 1: 1-2)
 
In this first Psalm, the blessed man meditates on the law of the Lord.
 
In Hebrew, "law" is "torah", or instruction, or the word of God.
 
Today, we have the Word of God living in us:
 
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  (John 1: 1)
 
Then
 
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1: 14)
 
Because of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ now lives in us:
 
 
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

Now, Christ lives in us(Colossians 1: 27), and we live because of His life in us (Galatians 2:
20-21) As we read the Word of God, we see Jesus Christ, and we know Him: "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8: 31-32) The Word of God testifies of Jesus (Luke 24: 27), and the more that we read the Word, the more that we meditate on Jesus Christ through the Word, then we will prosper in all that we do.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment