Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Let Christ, then Let Go

One of the most oft-repeated phrases in religious circles is:

"Let Go. Let God."

As often as I heard this phrase repeated, and as often as I tried to practice letting go, there was never any peace in my life.

If I let go of this or that, then how do I know that everything will be taken care of?

In order to "Let God", you have to trust that this God is there, and that He is there for you:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11: 6)

The traditions of men teach people to choose their own conception of God.

Yet if we want to know God, especially God as Father, we must look to Jesus, who is the Author and Finished of faith (Hebrews 12: 1-2):

"8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (John 14: 8-9)

When we see Jesus our Savior, we see God as our Father, the most loving Parent who gave His Son, that we would receive everlasting life (John 3: 16), that in Christ His Son we would receive the adoption of children (Romans 8: 15), that we would be made the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

When we understand how much God loves us, then we see how well He holds us:

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10: 29)

He has you and me and all things in His hands.

When you let God be who He is, in that He has everything, then you and I can let go.

Religious systems teaches us to look at ourselves then look to God. Jesus invites us to come to Him, and then He empowers us to let go:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

Let God in Christ be and have and do all things, and then you can let go: that's the Truth that sets us free!

No comments:

Post a Comment