Saturday, November 9, 2013

Believe On Him -- He Works in You

"29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6: 29)

Too many people have a passive understanding of Jesus. They believe on Him for salvation, that He died for our sins. He also came to give us Himself, that He may live in us:

"10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

Then he shared with His disciples:

"6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

He does not come to live in us, and then we have to bring Him out. He quickens us with His grace, which motivates us:

"27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1:27-29)

Jesus Christ does not come to live in us, but then He sits back and does nothing while we strive and toil in our own efforts. Jesus works in us. His working is not just "just enough" but "mightily.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

and

"12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

and

"10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2: 10)

God is working in us. He is not merely doing for us what we cannot for for ourselves. He is our life, and He is working in us.

1 comment:

  1. Paul declared:

    "For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2: 2)

    When we rest in His Finished Work, we grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord, and He helps us reign in life in all things.

    ReplyDelete