Friday, July 19, 2013

It's OK to be Dependent -- God Cannot Use Anyone Else

This world prizes independence above all things.

Did you know that Jesus wants us to be dependent, on Him?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11: 28)

In fact, apart from Jesus, we can do nothing:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

Perhaps you had indulgent parents, perhaps you feel that you cannot make it on your own.

The Bibles does mention "father" for the first time in connection with leaving one's father:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (Genesis 2: 24)

Every person in the Body of Christ is married to Christ, taken out of one family, Adam, and into the family of God:

"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called." (Isaiah 54: 5)

Not only does God want us to be married to His Son (2 Corinthians 11: 2), but he also wants to adopt us as His own child, just like His Son, the first born from the dead:

"15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." (Romans 8: 15-17)

There is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8: 1), and the condemnation which men and women seek to throw on us can only dissolve in the presence of the Blood and the Righteousness of God the Son (1 John 1: 7)

It's OK to be dependent on Him -- He can only work through people who are dependent on Him:

"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21) 

He wants us to let His Spirit lead us, too:

"16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law." (Galatians 5: 16-18)

To be dependent on "The Person" of Jesus Christ is the greatest life ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment