Monday, July 8, 2013

Forget Fixing Your Flesh -- God's Grace is Greater


This truth has taken me the longest to learn, yet as I grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord, I accept more and more that who I am has all to do with Christ in me, and nothing do with my flesh, in which no good things dwells.

"Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6: 11)

and

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not." (Romans 7: 18)

Paul the Apostle distinguished himself from his sin nature. We all need to do the same, and identify with Christ (Colossians 3: 1-4)

Do you still get angry with yourself because you lose your temper? Do you look at yourself every time that you fail? In this respect, then, you and I still need to get skillful in righteousness (Hebrews 5:12-14)

Part of gaining skill in righteousness includes looking at Jesus for our greater good, receiving more of His grace and righteousness (Romans 5:17). No matter how old or young you are in the Body of Christ, you and I need all of Christ all the time.

Do we get discouraged when we fail? No way, because God's grace is greater than our sin:

"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5: 20-21)

Paul the apostle was not wallowing in voluntary humility when he declared that he was the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15)

In fact, just like him we must stop expecting from God anything if we believe that we can bring to Him anything of yourself, that you can earn anything from Him.

Paul explained it perfectly:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. "(Galatians 2: 20-21)

He lives in us. Our job is to walk by faith and let His life flow, not try to fix our flesh. Why are we still trying to fix our flesh? Because we think that, in some way, we must depend on our own efforts, or that we can stand on our standing.

Even when we sin, God's grace is greater (Romans 5: 20). Even when we face hardships and trails, His grace is sufficient for us to endure whatever we go through (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

We stand fast in liberty (Galatians 6: 1), a liberty that Christ Jesus has given to us through the truth of His Word (John 8: 32-36)

Forget about fixing your flesh, your propensity to sin. God's grace is greater, and His grace is working in us to do all that He wants us to do (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment