Sunday, September 20, 2015

We Depend on His Life, Not the Other Way Around

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ,who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

Christ is our life.

His life does not depend on us, but rather we depend on Him.

"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." (Colossians 1: 17)

That word "consist" is better translated "held together".

Yet even then, Jesus is holding everything together and animating all things, too.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

Jesus never minced words, for He is the Word made flesh (John 1: 1, 4).

His life does not depend on us, but rather, we depend on Him for His life:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

See more of Jesus today, and recognize that He is your life:

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

6He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God." (Psalm 62: 5-7)


1 comment: