Wednesday, August 12, 2015

He Gave Us Life - We Cannot Create Our Own Life

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

When Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life appeared to men, He did not tell them:

"I have come to make your life better."

Nor did He say:

"I have to help you live."

Not even did He say:

"I  have come to show you how to live".


He said very clearly: "I have come that you might have life."

Guess what that means, believers: before we met Jesus, or rather He  met us. . .

"But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?" (Galatians 4:9)

While we were still sinners, He shows (present tense) His love for us in sending His Son to be the mercy seat for our sins (Romans 5: 8; 1 John 2: 1-2)

Whether we like it or not, man is brought into this world dead (separated from God) in trespasses:

"But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many." (Romans 5: 15)

Today, we can rest in Jesus' life, for God the Father brought us to life and seated us with His Son:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comeby the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

and

"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins. . . 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6And hath raised usup together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"  (Ephesians 2:1, 4-6)

And thus:

(1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ,who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

We were dead, and now we are alive. Stop trying to create your own life, and let Him live through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment