Sunday, August 30, 2015

Crucified Once and For All With Christ

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comeby the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

There are some teachings out there which contend that we have to die daily, that we have to crucify our flesh over and over again.

That is patently untrue, and unscriptural to boot.

How many times did Jesus die?

ONCE!

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" (1 Peter 3: 18)

and

"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Hebrews 1: 3)

and also

"For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." (Hebrews 10: 14)

Jesus was crucified once. So were we.

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life" (Romans 5: 10)

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" (Romans 6:8)

How many times can anyone of us die? Once.

Now, we have His Life, and this life is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment