Saturday, November 3, 2012

Feeling Weak? Be Strong in His Grace

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

Jesus' grace abounds in us, even when we sin:

"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:" (Romans 5: 20)

Have you been reproached, or insulted? Rejoice!

Are you in need? Rejoice again, because my God will supply all your need according to His riches (Philippians 4: 19)

Are you being persecuted?  Hear what Jesus says to that:

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 10)

Are you in distress? Paul speaks to that concern, as well:

"But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses," (2 Corinthianss 6: 4)

Paul could look at all of his troubles and rejoice, because he received them as signs of his approved standing as a minister of God!

God is glorified in the midst of our troubles, as even David recounted:

"The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

"Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins." (Psalm 25: 17-18)

We have an assurance that God will come through for us, because He has removed all our sins through the death of His Son!

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

When you are down, rest assured in His grace that He will lift you up and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment