Monday, November 26, 2012

At Peace With God, Wherever We Are!

When I was attending meetings many years ago, I really appreciated what one woman had shared in a meeting.

"When I come to a meeting," she shared. "I fell safe. It's as if when I walk into this room, I know that for the next hour and a half, I am OK."

That was a sentiment I could agree with. Many times, if I went to a meeting, I felt as if the world and all of its problems would melt away, or at least they were put aside for the moment.

Since then, I have learned that I have peace with God the Father:

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" (Romans 5: 1)

I have since learned that Christ lives in me:

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1: 27)

Regardless of how I feel or what I think, Paul wants every believer to receive this truth by faith:

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love," (Ephesians 3: 17)

In fact, Christ Himself is our peace!

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" (Ephesians 2: 14)

Christ is our peace, He lives in us, and God Himself has sworn that He will never leave us nor forsake us! (Hebrews 13: 5)

So, the peace that that lady claimed to feel in the meeting, that is a peace that a believer can receive and rest in, no matter where we are!

All the more, the Holy Spirit who lives in us, who sheds abroad the love of God in our hearts, also bears forth the fruit of peace in our lives:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace. . ." (Galatians 5: 22)

We have peace with God the Father through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. By
His Holy Spirit dwelling in us, we receive the gift of His peace all the more!

And this peace is the surest of internal guidance systems, one which presides in us, indicating to us the wisdom or the folly of any course of action that we wish to take:

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." (Colossians 3: 15, NIV)

We can be at peace wherever we are, no matter what the circumstances! Peace is not just in an AA meeting, not just in a church service, but you can rest at ease in the Peace of God anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment